Today, we discussed and made final preparations for our Annual Spaghetti Dinner on Friday this week. We discussed what everybody’s job will be. After that, we created drafts of posters/flyers that we will hang up for people to see and hopefully encourage people to join Troop 50 in scouting.
Below is Information for Friday.
Servers: Make sure there are always four servers, until we combine the lines, then drop it to two servers.
Bussers: Make sure there are always two bussers, one on each side of the gym.
Drinks: Make sure there are always filled drinks on the table.
Greeters: Welcome the guests, make them feel important and excited. Collect their tickets if the have them, direct them to the payment table if they are purchasing at the door.
Announcers: Engage the guests, direct them to the silent auction and mini raffle, and of course the Grand Prize Raffle!
- Arrive at 4:30 on Friday at the Wilmot Gym for setup.
- Servers and Drinks: Wear your class B.
- Bussers, Greeters, and Announcers: Wear your class A.
- Follow your assigned role throughout the dinner.
- Communicate with the rest of the people on your team.
- Everybody stays until dismissed after the dinner!
- This is a public event, it is most important that our guests feel welcome. Keep a smile on your face.
- Do not be seen arguing or bickering with members on your team or siblings
- Do your best to answer any questions any guests have for you. If you can’t, direct them to somebody who may such as an older scout or an adult leader.
- Advertise our troop to children and their parents, tell them how great scouting is!